SOCIAL COMMUNITY MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION nEEDED IN LAGOS
About DATING TO WEDDING
DTW is a relationship matchmaking forum for singles that are serious about finding lasting love and are ready to settle down. We believe that real happiness starts with a truly like-minded match, which is why our passion is helping compatible singles connect.
It is a hub for Africans based anywhere across Africa as well as African communities in UK, USA, Europe, Canada and so on
We are simply about Creating Relationships and Connecting Soulmates
About the Role
This is a very fascinating role and very different from the regular job position. You get paid to help people find love
As the Social Community Manager and Chief Matchmaker, you will be the face of DTW brand community, managing communications in both directions. The digital-savvy employee is responsible for all communications, PR, social media, events, and content creation, among other things.
You will be the Chief Relationship Matchmaker for the platform with duties ranging from reviewing clients’ questionnaires and doing in-depth assessments of who could be a good match for whom.
Phone calls, emails, and customer relationship management.
Setting up events – valentine, special dating and networking events, beach specials and so on as well as providing dating advice, coaching, and guidance to clients
It is a rewarding, high paying career that lets you use your people skills to help singles find love and marriage.
As a successful matchmaker, everyone will want to be your friend, and if you are good at your job, you will never be short of wedding invitations. You’ll have a reputation as a fascinating person who took a unique career path and you’ll gain the level of respect that comes with the profession.
What We Looking for?
Are you a connector of humans?
Do people feel great comfort with you?
Do people trust opening up and sharing their hearts desires with you?
Are you a great listener and love to help, advice, and proffer mature relationship tips and counseling.
You have a knack for connecting people due to your innate intuitive character.
Our platform has the potentials to be one of the biggest African-based marriage matchmaking platforms within 2 to 5 years. This means, following training, you will be connecting and managing the platform from the get-go with list of potential clients, those who have expressed an earnest interest in our matchmaking services. You will have access to valuable data and resources
So, don’t apply unless you’re serious, don’t have the passion, unqualified or just looking for job
You will be working with a fantastic team of Web Designers & Developers, Graphics and Multimedia Designers, Digital Media Marketer, Senior Marketing Executives, Business Development Managers as well a Deputy Social Community Manager
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
In addition, you will
This is a Web 2.0 communications role, incorporating online tools and in-person networking to create relationships and ultimately build the DTW brand, both online and off.
Your responsibilities is as follows:
1. Content creation – writing blog posts, articles, newsletters, communications materials, and material for social media channels
2. Social media marketing – creating, managing and growing the company’s presence through blogs, Twitter, Facebook, and other strategically relevant online properties
3. Managing your community – effectively managing your various community platforms – Whatsapp/Telegram group as well as networking singles
3. Events and event planning – attending industry events, seminars, workshops in your city (within Lagos, Nigeria and Africa and other parts of the word – great opportunity to network and travel around the world) and planning meetups for your brand DTW community – Singles Hangouts, Singles Connect, Valentine Special, and other special meet-ups
4. Public relations – managing incoming media requests and building relationships with industry journalists; creating, executing and measuring media campaigns
5. Customer relations – the Community Manager is often responsible for customer support – answering questions however they come in (phone, e-mail, Twitter) and managing any online feedbacks
6. Communications/marketing strategy – the Community Manager is responsible for creating strategic marketing/communications plans to provide direction for the company’s public-facing communications
7. Analytics – Using Google Analytics and other measurement tools to provide reports on metrics, and continually find ways to improve on those metrics through testing and new initiatives
8. Business development – by liaising with Marketing Executives and Digital Media Marketing Manager, you will be working as a team to regularly develop marketing initiatives and ideas that would ensure self-sustainability of he platform
Skills We Looking Out for:
1. Outgoing personality – you will be required to walk into networking events and be comfortable introducing yourself
2. Writing skills – a background in journalism, mass communication, English and other related field or experience with writing will be an added advantage since you will be creating so much content for the Brand DTW
3. Romantic Relationship management – being able to advise and give tips singles on relationship, romance and sex will be vital to effectively manage this community
4. Can start and keep conversations flowing – having an impressive conversation flow and management will be crucial for this job
3. Social media experience – experience with social media tools isn’t a must, but it’s definitely helpful and cuts down on training.
4. Interest in your industry – a Community Manager needs to be passionate about what they do. If they’re not interested in your product or service move on
5. Willingness to work around the clock – being a Community Manager isn’t a 9-5 job. Make sure they understand that the job involves working some evenings and weekends, and responding to community members outside of work hours
6. Good employee –Great time management skills, ability to multitask, intelligence will be important for a Community Manager since you will be managing so many different areas of the community - someone smart who doesn’t get stressed under pressure
7. PR experience – having experience with public relations is a nice to have
8. Culture fit – this especially applies if you’re at a small company. The person needs to get along with your other employees and needs to mesh with the company’s culture
Experience developing and implementing tactical plans — including inspired and moderated solutions — that build and nurture online communities
Demonstrated expertise in engaging and activating community groups
Experience locating and engaging advocates within the community to foster dialogue
Demonstrated ability to work with client on developing on-brand messaging that best represents their voice and tone online and incentivizing user-generated content creation and sharing
Experience establishing metrics, gleaning community insights and reporting/recommending strategies that achieve marketing goals
Understanding what’s possible on the various technology platforms and the ability to educate and integrate the needs of clients, creative team and developers
Excellent communication skills and creative writing skills. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit, get excited about finding smarter ways to do things, and have a burning desire to be part of a winning team where you can truly make a difference, we want to meet you.
Send your application to
NOTE: Residency in Lagos Mainland is better due to proximity to our two Lagos offices